Re: more tidying references: RDF Schema?

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 13:35 +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> >         link is neither local, part, informative, nor normative:
> >         [<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#nil>]
> >         "http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_nil"
> >

> >         link is neither local, part, informative, nor normative:
> >         [<http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>]
> >         "http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-schema/#ch_type"
> >
> > I don't understand why there are links to rdf-schema.
>
> I can explain the schema links: they are links for constants used in SPARQL.
> rdf:nil and rdf:type.
>
> RDF Collections are in rdf:nil is in RDF schema and SPARQL has list syntax to
> agree with that and mentions rdf:nil (i.e the rdf collection "()")
>
> Similarly for "a" - rq23 says it stands for rdf:type and links to that URI.
>
> So a RDF schema link should be normative (or remove the links and leave the
> bytes for the URI not in a <a> but that woudl be shame).

Though rdf:nil and rdf:type are discussed in the RDF Schema spec,
they're also discussed, fairly definitively, in [RDF-MT], and
we already have a normative reference there. I don't like giving
the impression that SPARQL depends on RDF Schema.

For rdf:nil, let's use 3.3.3 RDF collections
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#collections
and for rdf:type, let's use 3.1 RDF Interpretations
 http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#RDFINTERP

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E