Re: Updated SPARQL Query Results XML Format draft

From: Dave Beckett <Dave.Beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:09:09 +0100
To: andy.seaborne@hp.com
Cc: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 13:57 +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> But like I said, XML is ordered, and ARQ streams (including end-to-end from
> Joseki) so ordering is retained regardless.

Yes XML is ordered but it's never clear without a schema whether it is
significant.  Adding, say <results ordered="false"> would say it wasn't
(no ORDER BY present).

I'd slightly favour requiring the attribute to be present always as it's
clear in SPARQL query whether ordering was requested - either ORDER BY
was there, or it wasn't.  There is no "don't know".

Dave