Re: MInutes of the 2005-03-22 RDF DAWG teleconference for review

For tracking purposes, the minutes from last week should show
these open:

ACTION DaveB: to consider use of xsi:dataType ala comment from Steer

ACTION AndyS: to clarify 5.4 w/r/t closed world assumption

ACTION AndyS: to explain how to get a whole graph with CONSTRUCT * and GRAPH.

ACTION EricP: to propose to close valueTesting (bonus points for test cases, to EricP or others)

ACTION EricP: propose "privacy considerations" for SPARQL protocol

and these done:

ACTION Bijan: to propose text (story? etc.) to support WSDL requirement

ACTION EricP: to review WSDL text proposal

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:52 +0100, Janne Saarela wrote:
> RDF Data Access Working Group
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
> Tuesday 2005-03-22 14:30-16:30 UTC
> log: http://www.w3.org/2005/03/22-dawg-irc.html
>
> chair: DanC
> scribe: JanneS
>
> 1. Convene, take roll, review agenda
>
> Attending:
>      Dan Connolly
>      Kendall Clark
>      Andy Seaborne
>      Eric Prud'hommeaux
>      Hiroyuki Sato
>      Howard Katz
>      Janne Saarela
>      Jos De Roo
>      Kevin Wilkinson
>      Pat Hayes
>      Yoshio Fukushige
>      Dave Beckett
>      Steve Harris
>      Bryan Thompson
>      Bijan Parsia
>
> Regrets: none
>
> PROPOSED to accept as a true record of the last meeting:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0358.html
> ACCEPTED with amendment of DaveB's regrets that were missing.
>
> Proposed agenda
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0372.html
>

> 2. issue: sort
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#sort
>
> The WG discussed whether SORT design and inclusion in the language will
> continue or not. Poll showed interest to pursue the design further and
> to keep sorting as an objective for DAWG.
>
> Kendall explicitly noted that new objectives are useful at this point
> even if we don't do them; there's likely to be another charter,
> eventually. they seem good input to that.
>
> As AndyS has suggested a design in
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#solutionsResults
>
> so the following 2 action items were assigned to review that design
>
> ACTION PatH: review sort design in 2 weeks
> ACTION Kevin: review sort design at earliest convenience
>

> 3. optional test for with background inference
>
> JosD had had an action item to
> ACTION JosD: Jos to propose an optional test based on ACTION op:dateTime
> triple
>
> which is considered DONE in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0361.html
>
> DanC was expecting to see was expecting the inferred triple (whose
> predicate is op:dateTime-greater-than ) in the input data and took an
> action item
>
> ACTION DanC: follow up re optional test based on op:dateTime triple
>

> 4. Test suite maintenance
>
> JosD had had an action item to
> ACTION JosD: propose a test based on dawg-triple-pattern-002 with a . in
> a qname
>
> which is considered DONE in
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0360.html
>
> The WG observed the . in a qname is only present in the input data, not
> in the query language itself which we should be testing.

> [...]
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E