Re: variables as nodes? (re: XML Binding Format)

From: Yoshio FUKUSHIGE <fuku@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:02:08 +0900
To: "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Cc: "'RDF Data Access Working Group'" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Looking into (again?) Dave's proposal #2,
I would like to +1 for it.

Dave:
> Right now I can see there are more motivations for the complex form,
> with the schema support.  The result2* attachments to the 0364.html
> email include the schema-full design I made in November but it will
> need updating for later changes and to deal with other comments.

To add one more motivation, I'd say
that the variable names are just arbitrary tags for identification,
they do not convey any meanings,
so should not be natural to be used as the node names.

For example, what meaning can we read from "x" or "g001?"

I don't think it's good to have just arbitrary names as the node names.

Cheers,
Yoshio
fuku@w3.org
fukushige.yoshio@jp.panasonic.com