Re: what about RDF format?

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:16:16 -0500
Cc: <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: "Yoshio FUKUSHIGE" <fuku@w3.org>

I tend to be against an RDF format for these sorts of things (either
the query syntax or the results form, except for constructed graphs,
obviously). These are not RDF's strength.

I wouldn't object, of course, as I do know some people like that sort
of thing. But I would certainly evangelize against it.

(Things RDF is good for: KR style assertions, incomplete information,
flexible and extensible structure, etc.

Things RDF is bad for: regular structure, record like data, especially
in tablular form, documents, formats that need "validation" style
checking, etc.)

To echo Eric, being able to process results bindings without having to
drop back up to something like SPARQL, is helpful :)

Cheers,
Bijan.