Re: what about RDF format?

From: Yoshio FUKUSHIGE <fuku@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:24:52 +0900
To: <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

EricP:

I'm sorry, but I cannot see your point.

Do you mean http://tap.stanford.edu/ by TAP?

> However, since the results are XSLT-able, we can use some emergent
> XSLT to transform results format into RDF. Thus, the above example
> query would turn into
>
> http://xslt-service.org/?template=SPRes2RDF&doc=http://sparql.org/?q="..."
>
> Thus, I propose we do nothing about the RDF format because it can be
> done post-standarization by interested parties.

Are you saying that one can get a query result in a RDF format
by transforming its XML format version?

If so, my preference is rather opposite direction:
we first design RDF format and then get the XML result
(preferably, its RDF/XML serialization).

How to ensure the interoperability/interchangeability of our (current and
being tweaked)
XML representation format and (to-be-determined) RDF format is another
concern of mine.

> XSLT can count. I've seen Dom make it count, but Dom gets it to do
> lots of things that mortals can't.

# Dom = Dominions / Dominations? : )
# I can't parse the last sentence, btw.

Best,