Re: Syntax error in example from Section 8.3 of 17 Feb 05 Working Dra ft?

Thompson, Bryan B. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The following example appears to have a syntax error on the line whose
> text is:
>

>>    ( ?whom PersonalProfileDocument  ?ppd )
>

>>From section 8.3, the full example is:
>
> PREFIX data: <http://example.org/foaf/>
> PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
>
> SELECT ?mbox ?age ?ppd
> WHERE
>   GRAPH data:aliceFoaf
>   {
>     ( ?alice foaf:mbox <mailto:alice@work.example> )
>     ( ?alice foaf:knows ?whom )
>     ( ?whom foaf:mbox ?mbox )
>     ( ?whom PersonalProfileDocument  ?ppd )
>   }
>   GRAPH ?ppd
>   {
>      ( ?w foaf:mbox ?mbox )
>      ( ?w foaf:age ?age )
>   }
>
> Thanks,
>
> -bryan

Bryan, thanks.

The use of PersonalProfileDocument  as a property was wrong anyway and so I have
redone this example (and the data) to use rdfs:aseAlso and adding typing
information.  I don't know if that is FOAF prefered practice - If anyone can
advise me, I'd be most grateful.

 Andy

PS The query in the editors' draft is currently:

PREFIX  data:  <http://example.org/foaf/>
PREFIX  foaf:  <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
PREFIX  rdf:   <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX  rdfs:  <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>