Re: ACTION SteveH: Write up a service description of features supported for his service

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 03:00:43PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

> <http://triplestore.aktors.org/rdql/>
>         rdf:type dawg:HTTPQueryService ;
>         dawg:closedOver <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> ;
>         dawg:supportsDataType xsd:integer, xsd:float ;
>         dawg:querySyntax <http://www.w3.org/Submission/RDQL/> ;
>         dawg:resultFormat <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/> ;
>         dawg:usesOntology akt:support, akt:portal, akt:rdfcompat, akt:inca,
>                 <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>,
>                 <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .

So these will end up in the protocol document in some similar form;
but I'll need to describe the meanings of these predicates, and as I
just pointed out on the phone call, I don't really understand
dawg:usesOntology... Do you mean that the query service "understands"
(in some vague way) some or all of the terms from these vocabularies?
Or something else?

> I attended a workshop on linking semnatic websites on Monday, and briefly
> described the DAWG work, including the possibility of a description such
> as this, and the idea was warmly received.

I heard similiar good reports from this workshop, too. Basically,
"we're going to use SPARQL query and protocol".

Kendall