W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > January to March 2005

Minutes of 2005-02-08 Telecon for review

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:47:41 -0500
To: DAWG public list <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20050210094741.GA28113@w3.org>
Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2005-02-08 for review

RDF Data Access WG telcon
2005-02-08 14:30 UTC

Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0106.html
IRC log
http://www.w3.org/2005/02/08-dawg-irc

1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda

Atendees: Yoshio Fukushige, Dan Connolly, Janne Saarela, Andy Seabourne, 
	  Jos De Roo, Steve Harris, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Dave Beckett, 
	  Pat Hayes

Regrets: Kendall Clark, 

Scribe: Eric Prud'hommeaux

RESOLVED to accept DAWG F2F4 (19-20 January 2005) minutes as a true record.
  <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf4.html> R 1.56

RESOLVED to accept DAWG Teleconference 1 Feb 2005 minutes as a true record.
  <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/att-0084/DAWG-Teleconference-1-Feb-2005.html>

next meeting: 15 Feb
      scribe: Dave Beckett

ACTION: DanC (with EricP) to communicate WBS user experience to systems team.
DONE

ACTION: AndyS to to revise "unnamed" terminology
DONE

ACTION AndyS: change "... may issue an error or warning... " to "... may issue a warning..." in section 10.2 Constructing an Output Graph
DONE

The following action items are continued without discussion:

ACTION: DanC to consider Asemantics hosting proposal w.r.t. WG schedule
ACTION: SteveH to propose to host in Southampton right after XTech
ACTION: PatH to propose to host in Florida
ACTION: KendallC to Announce the protocol spec
ACTION: EricP: to inviestigate WSDL/SOAP encodings of SPARQL protocol
ACTION: KendallC: to propose a solution to protocolRootReferent
ACTION: DanC to write up "sparqlParam" approach (reply to kendallC)
ACTION: SteveH to Write up a service description of features supported for his service
ACTION: KendallC to Add section for service descriptions and put graph specifying in it to start it off
ACTION: DanC to Write up definitive service concept
ACTION: KendallC to to think about predicate to relate html-forms and svc descriptions, and how this goes into the spec
ACTION: DanC to ask Liam, via SemWeb CG, which XML groups might be interested in SPARQL result set WD
ACTION: SteveH to to propose tests for str() and =~
ACTION: SteveH to to revise test manifest w.r.t. "background" and named graphs
ACTION: EricP to to update rq23 w.r.t. BOUND/UNSAID
ACTION: DanC: suggest formal definitions for SOURCE
ACTION: DaveB: discuss warnings in result set spec
ACTION: KendallC: discuss warnings in the protocol spec.


2. valueTesting, XML Schema datatypes

ACTION: EricP and PathH will review XSCH draft document
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw-20050127/
CONTINUED (with progress)

ACTION: SteveH to review <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#tests>

ACTION: JosD to review <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#tests>


3. accessingCollections

ACTION: DanC to discuss accessingCollections in service description context
PENDING

collection access: inferred property vs. syntax Eric Prud'hommeaux 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0083.html

4. SOURCE tests

JosD asked about tests. EricP suggested the examples in the doc. DaveB and
AndyS have run
<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#dawg-bound-query-001>

DaveB notes three things that look like FOO(): BOUND(), STR() etc. &ex:foo()
[functions] ex:foo [a cast] and optional(a b c) [a triple] .

ACTION: DaveB to to propose source test to approve
PENDING


5. OPTIONALs and ordering

ACTION: AndyS to to propose test case re optionals and ordering
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0100.html>
PENDING

Allegations of non-determinism. Discussion of whether most-general-unifier
would work. SQL relies on query order for outer joins.

ACTION: EricP, make sure editor's draft as an inline issue (to be published) that we need to work this out


6. editor's report, EricP's actions

ACTION: EricP to to update rq23 w.r.t. str()
DONE

Discussion of SPARQL Operator Mapping
<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#OperatorMapping>
and Function Mapping
<http://unagi/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#FunctionMapping>
brings up useMentionOp issue
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2005Feb/0002.html>

PROPOSED: to publish 1192:<http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/>
v1.200 + changes agreed by EricP and DanC, after collecting input from the
WG thru Friday morning Boston time
RESOLVED


7. nestedOptionals
DROPPED


8. DAWG@TP: agenda input?

The next f2f agenda is due ~13 Feb. DaveB will not attend, requests that XML
Results not be on the agenda.

ADJOURNED 2005-02-08T15:44:00Z
-- 
-eric

office: +81.466.49.1170 W3C, Keio Research Institute at SFC,
                        Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio University,
                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN
        +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
cell:   +81.90.6533.3882

(eric@w3.org)
Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

Received on Thursday, 10 February 2005 09:47:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:22 GMT