Re: propose to make syntax-qname-08-rq and syntax-qname-14-rq OBSOLETE

I can live with the actual turtle and the actual n3 situation
i.e. diallow '.' in qname
i.e. http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/2004/01/turtle/

qname ::= prefixName? ':' name?
prefixName ::= (nameStartChar - '_') nameChar*
nameChar ::= nameStartChar | '-' | [0-9]

how else could I have lived the past years?

ghastly?? (didn't know that word at first) but also got
remarks that e.g. http://www.agfa.com/w3c/hl7/rim/rim.n3
is mixed blessing with those qnames and <iri>s in same
namespace.
Andy also pointed out that
[[
Since web pages often have ".html" in them, I think that it
would be inconvenient not allow DOTs inside qnames.
]]

This is just a proposal..
my main point was about '.' at-end-of qname.

Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
28/06/2005 12:55