Re: '.' in (but not ending) a QName

andy.seaborne@hp.com wrote:
> jos.deroo@agfa.com wrote:
>> Andy - I still live under the assumption that "'.' in (but not ending)
>> QName"
>> is resolution of issue
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#punctuationSyntax
>> i.e.
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005JanMar/0227.html
>>
>> [[
>> could also have either of these forms:
>>  WHERE { ?me rdf:type foaf:Person.} # trailing thingy in lexer
>>  WHERE { ?me rdf:type foaf:Person .} # parses same as above
>>
>> ]]
>>
>> I can also live with no "." in [84] NCCHAR (as is actually the case for

>> cwm and jena)
>> but not as it is in 1.397
>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#rNCCHAR
>> Hm.. actually still prefer "'.' in but not ending a QName"
>>

> Jos,
>
> This matter came up again when the new syntax grammar was first drafted
after
> F2F5.  There is a tradeoff of complex grammar (making a special case of
the last
> character, which also be the first) and being more general and more
aligned with
> XML NCNAMES.  In the end it came down to being more like XML.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2005AprJun/0169

that escaped my attention and I'm now very confused ...

### DATA
:patient0001 a rim:Patient.  ## remark the trailing dot

### QUERY
PREFIX rim:   <http://protege.stanford.edu/kb#>
PREFIX cpath: <http://wopeg.mitra.com/rules/ACPOntology#>
PREFIX :      <http://wopeg.mitra.com/rules/PatientContext#>

CONSTRUCT
  {?P a rim:Patient}

WHERE
  {?P a rim:Patient}

### ANSWER
:patient0001
      rdf:type      rim:Patient .

using (latest version from yesterday)
arq --data PatientContext.n3 --query HipInjuryQ.rq --results N3