Re: 'FILTER' '(' Expression ')'

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:32:06 +0100
To: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Dave Beckett wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 11:58 +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>>As per the telecon, this change has been made: I took the route of a chnage that
>>affected the least number of approved tests (as per Eric's suggestion).
> Which change of the two proposals did you choose?

I followed the strawpoll - proposal 1.  I followed Eric's suggestion was to
include all function call like forms and he tested that during the meeting. It
minimising the test changes needed.

>>1 syntax test is changed.

Apologies - only just commited this - I made the change but didn't cvs commit.

(There seems to disalignment of the syntax-qname tests (not all are in the
manifest - this is probably an accident from a numbering mistake I made awhile ago).

> Which one?  You mean a test under SyntaxFull (which we approved to close
> the syntax punctuation issue) ?

The fact that an approved test would have to chage was why I asked for it to be
on the agenda.

Hmm - syntax-keywords-* are new tests added recently.  Where did these come
from?  They are not marked approved but are in that test suite.

>>I have searched through rq23 and changed the examples.
>>Grammar updated in rq23
> Can you say which terms changed and what was updated?

If you browse from:

[25] Constraint ::= 'FILTER' ( BrackettedExpression | CallExpression )

I did some reorganising to bring together related terms.  There had been
preparatory changes so it will depend on which version you are diff'ing against.

>>I have updated other tests in the test collection that are affected (29) :
> ( For myself I've not been tracking the above tests in my testing)
> Presumably these changed to match the corresponding rq23 examples.

Yes - but manual alignment until I can find time to redo the xHTML of the rq23
for automatic extraction.