Re: Review. Comment - Section 2.1 canonical query form

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:37:04 +0100
To: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: DAWG public list <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Steve Harris wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/ v 1.379
>
> Section 2.1
>
> Query:
>
> SELECT ?title
> WHERE  { <http://example.org/book/book1> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> ?title }
>
> Is this the canonical form for this query? I would have expected there to
> be a trailing dot:

There isn't a canonical form of a query as such although I agree it would be
better with the dot to be as like the data as possible.  Added.

> SELECT ?title
> WHERE  { <http://example.org/book/book1> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> ?title . }
>
> Very minor issue, but its the first query in the document, so it seems
> important. Also the text overflows the boxes on my systems (firefox on osx
> and linux) at my normal bowrser width.

Chnaged to:

SELECT ?title
WHERE
{
   <http://example.org/book/book1> <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title> ?title .
}

(email may mess that up)

which uses less width.  I prefer not to split the triple.  And we haven't got to
prefixed named yet.