more sorting test cases

From: Jeen Broekstra <jeen@aduna.biz>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:08:32 +0200
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

FYI I have checked in a few new sorting test cases, and have amended
test case 3 slightly (to be more reflective of the current spec).

- test case 3 sorts lexically on URIs where possibly an unbound value
   occurs (amended from original: only 1 unbound now occurs).

New cases:

- test case 4 sorts on datatyped (integer) literals.

- test case 5 sorts on two variables: first on untyped literal name
   (lexically), then on datatyped literal. The query here is identical
   to the third example for ORDER BY in the current WD (see section

- test case 6 sorts on a mixed result of literals and URIs.

- test case 7 sorts on typed literals with different types (float and

AFAICT this about covers most specified cases. I've come up with a
number of other test cases as well (mixed bindings of untyped and
typed literals, bnodes, etc.), but for most of these the spec does not
specify a specific ordering.

Jeen Broekstra          Aduna BV
Knowledge Engineer      Julianaplein 14b, 3817 CS Amersfoort
http://aduna.biz        The Netherlands
tel. +31 33 46599877