review comment for SARQL (5 nested patterns)

From: Hiroyuki Sato <sato.hiroyuki@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:42:08 +0900
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Regrests for today. I'm now at the place where I canít use phones.

I have been reviewing Live Draft of SPARQL Query Language for RDF.

For the moment, I have one comment.

In section 5 (Nested Patterns), at the second example of nested patterns,
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/#NestedPatterns
it is better to add the following data to present example data.
_:b vcard:N _:z .
_:z vcard:Family "Hacker" .
Present query result will not be changed, but this example can show that
vcard data only having vcard:Family canít match the present query.

I think, even if using the following query, I can get present query result.
PREFIX foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/>
PREFIX vcard: <http://www.w3.org/2001/vcard-rdf/3.0#>
SELECT ?foafName ?gname ?fname
WHERE ( ?x foaf:name ?foafName )
       [ ( ?x foaf:mbox ?mbox ) ]
         [ ( ?x vcard:N ?vc )  [( ?vc vcard:Given ?gname )]
         [ ( ?vc vcard:Family ?fname ) ]
       ]

--
Hiroyuki Sato  <sato.hiroyuki@lab.ntt.co.jp>