[Fwd: Clothing for Finland]

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:37:07 -0600
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
as mentioned in telcon...

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

attached mail follows:

Hi

noting that you've a face-to-face in January I thought it might be
helpful to share my clothing experience after having visited Patrick in
Tampere.

Mistakes:
   - canvas baseball boots
      The canvas got too cold and wet
   - leather jacket
      Not warm enough for outside, and too bulky to go under a coat.
Hence, unwearable.

Good things:
   - leather boots
   - light summer clothes to form extra layers, e.g. t-shirts, or light
summer trousers that can go under or over something else
   - leg warmers
   - long socks
   - winter coat
   - ski outfit (although this was more for going sledding and the like,
probably not necessary for F2F)

I basically wore about three layers top and bottom, plus winter coat. A
fleece might have been good. I remain unclear as to how many fun sauna
opportunities I missed through not having taken swimming trunks. (I
haven't understood the sauna dress code).

I took what seemed like a lot for a long weekend, but used it all.

Temperature in Tampere varied from about -10 to +3, I don't know how
that compares with Helsinki in January.

Feel free to foreward (or link) to DAWG if appropriate

Jeremy