Re: Yoshio's review

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:54:03 -0500
Cc: Yoshio FUKUSHIGE <fuku@w3.org>, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org
To: andy.seaborne@hp.com

On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:32 AM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>>>
>>> (2) There is considerable redunduncy (repetions), which may puzzle
>>> readers.
>>> I prefer the style with definitions first and examples later.
>>> Some terms are used before their definitions.
>
> Kevin asked for the same.

Lest you get the impression that everybody prefers it that way,
I prefer examples first. I think people go from concrete to abstract
more easily
than abstract to concrete.

>   I will rearrange to put definition first but this is not likely
> before the next WD publication because people are rvewing the document
> at the moment and because it needs a little more time to then make the
> text read correctly.

I encourage you to do a small experiment with a section or two and see
if you think it
reads better with definitions before or after examples and let us know
how it goes.

I can imagine that a little of each might work.