Re: Draft: open issues around '?' use.

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:49:26 +0000
To: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Cc: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

+1 to having both ? and $ (and mixed in a single query if people really want to)

Allowing use in *DB connections is potentially important for client toolkit to
use, and while it is a mild inconvenience for Perl programmers to have to escape
the $, there is a lot of use Perl so I think its important to relfect that.

My preference is for ? to remain the "preferred" character for variables (the
one used in the examples) as that is the current common usage but with a clear
note that $ is also acceptable, including examples in rq23/ that explicitly uses $.