W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > July to September 2004

agenda: RDF Data Access 28 Sep

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:59:09 -0500
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1096297148.24259.370.camel@dirk>
1. Convene, take roll, review record and agenda

  RDF Data Access Working Group
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
  Tuesday 2004-09-07 14:30 UTC
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7333 ("RDFD")
  http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#s_1343

scribe: JanneS

roll call.
 regrets: Tom Adams

PROPOSED: to accept meeting record 16-17 Sep 2004 in Bristol, UK
 http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf3-brs
 1.42  2004/09/22 16:35:57

next meeting: DanC not available 5 Oct. Chair: EricP
	scribe: ?VOLUNTEER



2.  Introduction and abstract (name, marketing)

ACTION EricP: set up a naming poll using WBS
done: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/DAWG-QL-name/

ACTION KendallC: work on an abstract for the spec


3. issue: SOURCE

ACTION SteveH: test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design.

ACTION AlbertoR: real test cases re: current SOURCE design.

ACTION AndyS: make test case available as it
distinguishes between two designs of implementing source.

ACTION AlbertoR: (with SteveH) edit the examples in this msg into test
cases (either positive or negative tests)

ACTION DaveB: Update the source section 9, add
more formal links, update the examples, try to think about extra
constraints as EricP proposed (SOURCE ?s and ?s onlin in SELECT). Look
at various ppl's source test cases.


4. Toward 1st spec WD

ACTION Dirk: provide details about DB interfaces, re
? and $ ("usual suspects which are troublesome; postgress, oracle,
dbi, jdbc, odbc and the connections to java, perl, c++ et.al.")

ACTION AndyS: fix def'ns in sect 2 up to 2.2

ACTION AndyS: (with EricP) update QL spec draft by 1 Oct
ACTION SteveH: review updated spec and advise WG on whether to publish
as 1st WD
ACTION DaveB: review updated spec and advise WG
on whether to publish as 1st WD


5. Web Service Constraints etc.

ACTION DanC: tell semweb CG that the UDDI action was dropped
(DONE)

ACTION KendallC: investigate
overlap between RDF query and web service constraints.


6. Toward updated Use Cases & Requirements WD

ACTION KendallC: add DI use case.

ACTION SteveH: send mail about the signage project

ACTION KendallC: provided updated UC&R as
candidate for publication. [due in the next 2 to 3 weeks, in time to
get the WG to decide on 5 Oct]


7. ftf meeting schedule

ACTION KendallC: put together a proposal to host a WG ftf meeting in the
Washington, DC area.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0514.html

ACTION JanneS: put together a proposal to host a WG ftf meeting in the
Hensinki, Finland area.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0513.html

ACTION SteveH: put together a proposal to host a WG ftf meeting in the
UK.



8. Issues

ACTION DanC: add issue 'design of disjunction' (DONE in 1.14)
ACTION DanC: add new issue 'eddie number of bindings vs. number of
graphs'. (DONE in 1.16)
ACTION DanC: add ISSUE:
collection or container member accessor. (DONE in 1.17)
ACTION DanC: add a pointer to the issues list to the DAWG home page.
(DONE in 1.95)
ACTION DanC: add issue: protocol URIs are for services or for
document/graph/models? (DONE in 1.17)


ACTION DanC: talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance

ACTION SteveH: owns issue 'nested optionals'
ACTION AlbertoR: owns issue 'DESCRIBE'
ACTION DanC: owner of issue 'yes or no questions'
ACTION SteveH: own (i.e. propose resolution to)
disjunction issue



9. Protocol


ACTION KendallC: expose our walking tour data to darq
    querying clients
ACTION KendallC: talk to creative commons people
    about an RDF query interface to their search service.

ACTION KendallC: put xml format up somewhere public, mail a pointer

ACTION DaveB: draft XML query results format spec.

ACTION EricP: follow up on " if we send a queyr to the document
rather than service, we loose some of the document compositibility
possibilities" in email

ACTION KendallC: write a protocol document draft (est delivery in 1
month).


-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Received on Monday, 27 September 2004 14:58:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:20 GMT