Re: variables prefix - ?variable vs. $variable

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 02:43:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
cc: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Kendall Clark wrote:

> > As a general note, yes. Their expectations matter very little.

Really; s/Their/Our/g - as most of us are on this list.

> Fine, but *you* get to tell them that!

I got told that on an almost daily basis whenever I go out to an existing
community which has already invested in SQL or XQuery. I am sure most of
us here are realistic enough to realize that we are nimble and flexible
compared to the incredible intertia of those big legacy communities. It
costs us little more than a quick 'vi' on a few parser files to avoid
stepping on toes.

Dw.