RE: BRQL and typed literals

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:58:33 +0300
To: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>, <andy.seaborne@hp.com>, <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

Or alternately (and I've covered this in detail before, but
thought to stress this point) the engine can opt to treat unknown
datatypes such that, if the typed literal in a query matches
exactly a typed literal in the knowledge base (both lexical form
and datatype URI) then it can deem them to be equal and a match,
otherwise it can treat it as a non-match (even if in fact
they are equal values (e.g. "010"^^xsd:int and "10"^^xsd.int)
and even issue a warning that some "real" targets may not have
been found due to lack of support for the datatype in question.

   DESCRIBE ?x WHERE (?x ex:booga "xyz"^^foo:blargh)

would still be a useful query, even for query engines who have no
clue what the datatype foo:blargh is, because it can still find
all triples explicitly matching that typed literal.