W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > January to March 2004

Re: minutes: RDF DAWG telcon 17 March for review

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:56:00 +0200
Message-Id: <B2460ABC-78B1-11D8-9FBD-000A95EAFCEA@nokia.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
To: "ext Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>


On Mar 18, 2004, at 02:00, ext Dan Connolly wrote:

>
>
> Please send corrections in reply to this message,
> to the whole list; we'll approve the record, with
> any corrections/ammendments, at our next meeting.
>
> If you reply to this message about anything other
> than correctly recording the meeting, please
> *change the subject*.
>
> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 16:08, Dan Connolly wrote:
>> 1. Convene, take roll, review agenda
>>
>> Wednesday, 17 March
>> 5:00pm-6:30pm/22:00-23:30 UTC (probably less than 90min)
>> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7333 ("RDFD")
>> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_1316
>>
>> for a list of expected particpants, see
>>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/#who
>
> Attendees were DanC, AndyS, DanielK, KendalC, RobS, EricP,
>   AlbertoR, DaveB, BryanT, DirkG, JosD, DirkC
>
> regrets: JanneS, KevinW

I also sent my regrets (though to DanC personally, not to the list)

>
>> I'd like a volunteer to scribe.
>
> Thanks, Andy, for taking notes during the call.
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2004/03/17-dawg-irc
>
> For this first meeting, I'm sending an edited summary of
> the meeting, to set an example of the sort of balance
> I'd like to see between a record that's easy to produce
> and one that's useful for the group, including (a) people
> who weren't on the call and (b) people looking at this
> record many months from now.
> In the future, I'd like the scribe to send the proposed
> minutes for review.
>
>
>
>> 2. Upcoming teleconferences
>>
>> Based 6 responses to the survey
>>   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/ttime/results
>>
>> I propose we meet
>>   Thu 15:30UTC (10:30am Boston / 00:30am Tokyo / 16:30 Paris)
>> thru the 1st face to face meeting. In particular,
>> 25 Mar, 1 Apr, 8 Apr, 15 Apr.
>
> so RESOLVED.
>
> KendallC offered to scribe the next meeting, 25 March.
>
> postscript:
> ACTION DanC: reserve a teleconference bridge
>   for 25 Mar, 1 Apr, 8 Apr, 15 Apr
>   (ericp, bonus points if you beat me to it.)
>
>> 3. Face-to-face meeting
>>
>> PROPOSED: to meet 22-23 April 2004 in Amsterdam,
>> 	asemantics to host
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JanMar/ 
>> 0037.html
>
> so RESOLVED, RobS abstaining.
>
> There was some discussion of logistics details.
>
> ACTION DirkG: collect logistics details in a web page and
>   send us a pointer
>
> ACTION DanC: set up meeting registration
> 	(ericp, bonus points if you beat me to it)
>
>> 4. Use Cases
>>
>> I hope to find one or more that several WG members find appealing,
>> and work on refining them further.
>
> We tried to find, among the use cases that had been sent, those
> that were appealing to several of us and hence merited further
> development. In response to a request to discuss structure,
> DanC asked that we find one or two specific cases before
> looking for a general structure. DanC reiterated the qualities
> he suggested the group should be looking for in use cases:
>
> [[
> The ideal use cases will
>
>   -- command consensus of this Working Group
> 	as a description of a problem we intend
> 	to solve (or: solve a part of)
>
>   -- clarify one or more requitements
>
>   -- still be relevant when we're at last call,
> 	deciding whether we think the spec is done
>
>   -- engage potential users of our technology
> 	and convince some of them to closely
> 	review our spec
>
>   -- be clear and engaging enough to
> 	get picked up by journalists and copied
> 	into trade press stories
> ]]
>   --  
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JanMar/ 
> 0009.html
>
> A few offers to elaborate on specific cases were accepted:
>
> ACTION KendallC: refine JS-1, esp the composer/creator version
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JanMar/ 
> 0025.html
>
>   Note: this is on the boundary of the charter, which says.. "This
>    may in practice be the virtual graph which would follow from
>    some form of inference from a stored graph. This does not affect
>    the data access protocol"
>     http://www.w3.org/2003/12/swa/dawg-charter#rdfs-owl-queries
>
> ACTION AndyS: refine AFS-1: "Find the resource for the person called
> 'John S mith'" with some details
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JanMar/ 
> 0023.html
>
> ACTION EricP: send "tell me properties of X" case
>
> ACTION AlbertoS: elaborate on AFS-2 "Tell me about ..."
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JanMar/ 
> 0022.html
>
>
> -- 
> Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
> see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?
>
>

--

Patrick Stickler
Nokia, Finland
patrick.stickler@nokia.com
Received on Thursday, 18 March 2004 02:58:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:18 GMT