Re: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:30:23 -0400
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Cc: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 06:24:31PM +0100, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> As do ours.  However, our own local preferecnes are enough on their own to

Presumbaly you left out a "not" here.

> justify this WG getting involved.  Some of the issues are more bound to
> registering MIME types and the time/work that takes.

I agree re: anyone group. But there seem to be many such groups.

I also agree about the problems with MIME type registration. I haven't
looked to see how many of the other serialization formats have MIME
tags or have registered for them.

Putting URIs into Accept: will probably get us yelled at,  as would a
X-DAWG-Accept, presumably.

> If we can find a way to have an extensible "Accept:"-like scheme that used
> URIs then that presumably would meet your need for the design goal?

Yes, that would do it, minimally.

Kendall