Re: ACTION: elaborate on 4.4 (URIs in Accept)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:36:43 -0500
To: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Cc: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@hp.com>, RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 12:30, Kendall Clark wrote:
[...]
> I also agree about the problems with MIME type registration. I haven't
> looked to see how many of the other serialization formats have MIME
> tags or have registered for them.
>
> Putting URIs into Accept: will probably get us yelled at,

Yelled at by some, cheered by others.

But we'd be obliged to deal with comments from all of them.

And I'd feel obliged to change our charter to make it clear
that folks that are interested in doing that should come here.

The idea appeals to me, technically, but as chair I'm obliged
to keep and eye on our schedule and let the WG know who they
have to talk to about various topics.

FYI, this one has a pretty rich history.
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#uriMediaType-9

>   as would a
> X-DAWG-Accept, presumably.

Ack!!!,Thppft!!!!!