Re: Objective 4.6 -- additional semantic information

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:21:56 -0400
To: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>
Cc: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 02:56:06PM -0700, Rob Shearer wrote:

> This is the intent I meant to encode when I proposed that objective. We
> haven't adopted the objective, in any form, so you haven't voted on it
> either way.

So you were speaking for yourself. Cool. But since we have some new
members, I think it would be good to avoid speaking of "we", when no
such shared intention exists. And, fwiw, I thought *I* proposed 4.6
originally?! :>

> If we're writing a brand new query language for RDF, in addition to the
> one that already exists for XML, and then need another one for RDFS, and
> then another for OWL, and then another for SWRL or whatever else ends up
> in the layer cake, and so on and so on, then I think the W3C *really*
> needs to rethink its architecture.

Wow. Talk about running full speed toward the slippery slope...!

Best,
Kendall Clark