W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > April to June 2004

Minutes of RDF DAWG telcon 2004-05-11 for review

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:42:21 +0100
To: "RDF Data Access Working Group" <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20040512204221.11dc9eda@hedwig.dajobe.org>

Minutes of RDF DAWG telcon 2004-05-11 for review

RDF Data Access WG telcon
2004-05-11 14:30 UTC

Agenda
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0340.html

IRC log
http://www.w3.org/2004/05/11-dawg-irc

1. convene, take roll, review record, agenda

Present: Dave Beckett, Kendall Clark, Dan Connolly, Jos De Roo,
Yoshio Fukushige, Steve Harris, Pat Hayes, Howard Katz, Daniel Krech,
Farrukh Najmi, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Janne Saarela, Andy Seaborne,
Rob Shearer, Bryan Thompson, Kevin Wilkinson


Minutes of RDF DAWG telcon 2004-05-04 for review
From: Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 11:05:04 -0700

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0330.html
ACCEPTED as a true record



Next meeting: 2004-05-25 14:30 UTC (NOTE: 2004-05-18 cancelled)
scribe: TBD

regrets for 2004-05-25 from DaveB, JosD, SteveH


ACTION DanC: inform the TAG of the conflict between sec13.9 of the HTTP
spec and TAG's recommendation on issue 7
- CONTINUED

ACTION: EricP to set up a public comment list, and to work with DanC to
choose a name for it
- DONE: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/


2. Requirements: 3.1 Multi-edged Paths

Discussion of the use cases document
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/UseCases
at this point CVS version 
$Id: UseCases.html,v 1.48 2004/05/11 13:24:33 kclark Exp $

Req 3.1 was renamed to "RDF Graph Pattern Matching"

DanC PROPOSED: to adopt 3.1 RDF Graph Pattern Matching as in 1.48
as a requirement.
Vote:
  Abstentions: Rob Shearer
  Objections: none
RESOLVED: adopt 3.1 as a requirement

3. Requirement 3.2 Variable Binding Results

Pat Hayes summarized his OWL-QL experiences as emailed in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0245.html
He outlined three particular things the users (DAML PIs, meeting
attendees) demanded:
1. Total control on the form of the answer, a different pattern
potentially from the query.
2. May bind and must bind
3. Can ask "How many answers?"

Reworded 3.2 to be:
  "It must be possible for queries to return zero or more bindings of
  variables. Each set of bindings is one way that the query can be
  satisfied by the queried graph."
and PROPOSED to adopt it as a requirement
Vote:
  Abstentions: Jos De Roo
  Objections: none
RESOLVED: adopt 3.2 as written above as a requirement.

PROPOSED to adopt requirement 3.7 as written in UseCases CVS 1.48:
[[
  3.7 Limited datatype support
    The query language language must include support for a subset of
    XSD datatypes and operations on those datatypes.
]] -- from UseCases CVS 1.48
Vote:
  Abstentions: none
  Objections: none
RESOLVED: adopt 3.7 as written above (in UseCases CVS 1.48) as a requirement.


4. Requirement 3.4 Subgraph Results

skipped


5. Use Cases Draft [from DanC_]

ACTION RobS: generate some RDF for the use cases
DONE in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004AprJun/0362.html

ACTION: KendallC and AlbertoR to work on section 5.1.3 of this document
[of UseCases]
WITHDRAWN


6. additional use cases

ACTION DaveB: write up this educational metadata UC
CONTINUES

ACTION YoshioF: to write up "Kate finds an article and wants to find
related programs..."
DONE as Use Case 2.4

ACTION SteveH: Browsing Example - tell me about X
DONE - SteveH and KendallC agreed it was incorporated into UseCases

ACTION SteveH: to draft and maintain a list of test sketch cases,
including x < y, x < 18
(CONTINUES

The DAWG discussed planning the publication of the UseCases document
as a working draft, given the WWW2004 conference and publishing
moratorium (12-21May) and there was general agreement to publish
early (default action is publish) by setting an imminent cut-off date
in case of problems.

KendallC was happy to accept input till Friday 2004-05-14 at which
point he will email the state of the document to the list and accept
only clear mistakes as changes afterwards while reviewing is being
done.  Kendall described some work he planned to do before Friday
such as adding Use Case <> Requirement links (asking for help).  The
DAWG supported his suggested change to section 3 title to
"Requirements" adding (candidate) or some marker to indicate
unapproved, unconsidered ones.

ACTION AndyS, DanielK, BryanT: Review UseCases as of 2004-05-14
preparing to report to the DAWG at 2004-05-25 telcon.

ACTION ALL: Expect to vote to publish at 2004-05-25 DAWG telcon or
send email with a vote/proxy.

---
Next meeting: 2004-05-25 14:30 UTC (NOTE: 2004-05-18 cancelled)
Received on Wednesday, 12 May 2004 15:43:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:15:19 GMT