Re: RDF for UC&R

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 07:27:36AM -0700, Rob Shearer wrote:

> I'm very unclear just what data we expect to be available for use case
> 2.2. Would sample data along the lines of:
>
> Shifter876 partFor SpeedTriple
> Shifter876 madeBy Endeavour
> Shifter876 dependsOn MountingBracket123
> MountingBracket123 requires _:screwSetX
> _:screwSetX hasNumber 4
> _:screwSetX hasScrewType ScrewX
>
> To be honest, I kind of hate this stupid data (and would love it if
> someone with better knowledge of the kind of data availabe in the
> specified databases would write it up), but I think some idea of just
> what data is available goes a long way toward explaining just what the
> query language will be doing.

I can make some of the part names a bit more realistic, since I have
such a motorcycle, but I think in general this is perfectly fine. I'll
try to get an XML serialization of the data into the document soonish.

> 2.3 seems to have pretty straightforward data:
>
> _:bookX dc:author http://foo.bar/JohnnyLeeOutlaw
> _:bookX media:objectName "J to the LO"^^xsd:String
> _:bookX dollarPrice "29.99"^^xsd:Float
>
> Note that issues with datatype values (and even representation of
> currency) are very clear from this example, and this was not evident
> without the sample data.

Yes, good point. I think for this data I'll use it as-is rather than
doing the XML serialization. A little variety in this regard seems
good.

Kendall