requirement: multigraph query

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:46:40 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Requirement
-----------
It should be possible to specify one or more RDF graphs against which a
query shall be executed.

Discussion
----------
This requirement admits of two (semantically and operationally distinct)
readings:

   - "aggregated query", which is syntactic sugar for multiple
     queries, that is, union the results of multiple queries;

   - "union query" over multiple graphs, that is, query
     the union of multiple graphs.

My users want both forms; I think we'd settle for the first, weaker form.
But if neither of these ends up in our spec, it's the first thing we'll
implement, which makes interop hard.

Kendall Clark