Re: requirement: multigraph query

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 00:43:40 +0200
To: kendall@monkeyfist.com
Cc: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>, public-rdf-dawg@w3.org, public-rdf-dawg-request@w3.org, Rob Shearer <Rob.Shearer@networkinference.com>

KendallC wrote:
[...]
>> If we're talking about aggregating a bunch of separate RDF
repositories,
>> this seems clearly out of scope.
>
> First, I didn't say a *word* about "RDF repositories". I said multiple
> graphs; either querying each graph and unioning the results, or
> unioning the graphs then executing the query against it. That's
> got nothing whatever to do with RDF repositories (which is a function
> of how we *name* the multiple graphs, a position I didn't take in the
requirement).

Now I finally know what an RDF repository means :)
I also can't live without "unioning the graphs
then executing the query against it" (which is in
our experience definitely not the same as "querying
each graph and unioning the results", but that's
maybe because we mix RDF graphs with RDF formulae..)