requirement: rdfs query (for lack of a better name...)

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:52:40 -0500
To: public-rdf-dawg@w3.org

Requirement
-----------
It should be possible to query the RDFS structure of an RDF graph to find,
for example, the parents and instances of a class or the class tree.

Discussion
----------
I'm not sure whether this comes down, in the end, to a semantic requirement
or just a request for sugar for a particular kind of query; but what my
users need (and we have implemented in a really ugly, API munging way) is
the ability to ask for all the instances of a class, all the parents of a
class, and so on. Being able to do these queries, and being able to do them
"easily" (yes, I know, untestable, but still...) is a real requirement for us.

The DIG Description Logic Interface ASK language is, more or less, what we'd
like to have. See <http://dl-web.man.ac.uk/dig/>.

Best,
Kendall Clark