RE: agenda: 8 Apr RDF Data Access WG teleconference (fun with people, places, and timezones)

Ah, the power of the obsessive mind. I'm impressed. I can see that RDF is
definitely going to rule the world!

I am very disappointed in weatherunderground tho. Everybody within 2 kms of
here knows Roberts Creek!

:-)

04&year=2004&hour=15&min=30&sec=0
and to scrape the local times for the various timezones,
and out comes:

[[[

      [      tlt:localTime  (
            "Brussels"
            "Thu 5:30 PM"  ),
                     (
            "Chicago"
            "Thu 10:30 AM"  ),
                     (
            "Helsinki"
            "Thu 6:30 PM"  ),
                     (
            "London"
            "Thu 4:30 PM"  ),
                     (
            "Paris"
            "Thu 5:30 PM"  ),
                     (
            "Rome"
            "Thu 5:30 PM"  ),
                     (
            "Vancouver"
            "Thu 8:30 AM"  );
             tlt:startTimePage
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=08&month=04&year=2
004&hour=15&min=30&sec=0>;
             cal:dtstart  [
                 cal:dateTime "2004-04-08T15:30-17:00Z" ] ].
]]]

Now weatherunderground doesn't grok Roberts Creek, BC, so
I rounded off to Vancouver airport (YMX).

So yes, that's 8:30 am on the West Coast.

(details on how all the above magic happens are in  the makefile:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/Makefile )

I think there's a use case or two in there: I'd sure rather
use RDF data access technology than regexp-scraping out of HTML
for the weatherunderground mapping from placenames to lat/long
and timezone and for the timeanddate.com mapping from UTC
time to time in various cities around the world.

> >  Thursday 15:30-17:00 UTC 8 Apr 2004 for 60 to 90 minutes
> >  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7333 ("RDFD")>

see you at the WWW2004 in NY 17-22 May?