Incorrect Update Syntax Tests

From: Rob Vesse <rvesse@yarcdata.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:06:07 +0000
To: "public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org" <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
In reviewing the latest state of the test suite I've spotted a couple of tests that appear to be incorrect

  *   syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-02.ru
  *   syntax-update-1/syntax-update-bad-03.ru

Both of these tests are negative syntax tests checking for a prologue only update being forbidden, according to the current grammar a prologue only update is acceptable.  I did some digging and the grammar which forbade this was last present in the Oct 2010 working draft.  The May 2011 working draft changed the grammar to allow for prologue only updates and prologue only updates have been allowed by all subsequent drafts.

Please can the working group change these tests to be positive syntax tests to reflect the fact that the grammar now permits this

Regards,

Rob Vesse