Re: SPARQL, PATCH and IE's XMLHttpRequest Object

This is a duplicate response (the first one was mistakenly sent to
David only and not the comment list).

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011,  David Wood wrote:
> Hi all,
> Microsoft Internet Explorer (currently deployed versions) do not support the sending of HTTP PATCH requests from their XMLHttpRequest objects [1].  This negatively impacts
> implementors wishing to comply with the SPARQL WG's recommended use of PATCH defined at [2].

David,

My apologies for the late response (and the duplication).  Your
comment got lost in the
comment handling process, somehow.

In the currently published version of the Graph Store protocol, the
HTTP PATCH mechanism is listed [1] as an Informative section of the
specification (5.7 HTTP PATCH) and thus is not required of
implementations of this specification.

We would be grateful if you would acknowledge that your comments have
been answered by sending a reply to this mailing list (and this
particular message).

Regards, Chime Ogbuji, on behalf of the SPARQL WG.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-sparql11-http-rdf-update-20120501/#http-patch