possible bug in SPARQL syntax test suite

From: Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 14:36:14 +1300
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
In running the syntax tests over the latest update of the SPARQL test
suite, I encountered the following positive test, which fails for me:

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/syntax-query/qname-escape-01.rq

The query is the following:

PREFIX og: <http://ogp.me/ns#>
SELECT * WHERE {
	?page og:audio\:title ?title
}

As far as I can tell, this test case is out of date: colons in prefixed
localnames are no longer to be escaped, and grammar production
PN_LOCAL_ESC (see http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#rPN_LOCAL_ESC)
does no longer contain the ':' character as a legal value for escaping.

There is a negative syntax test which covers exactly the same issue:

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/syntax-query/syn-bad-pname-06.rq

Query:

PREFIX : <http://example/>
SELECT *
{
  :a :b :c\:z .
}

Clearly, these two tests are contradicting each other, and I suspect
that the first one should be removed.

Regards,

Jeen