Re: error in testcase agg-avg-02

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 15:37:20 -0500
Cc: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
To: Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@gmail.com>
On Oct 19, 2011, at 11:56 PM, Jeen Broekstra wrote:

> Test case agg-avg-02 (in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/aggregates/) contains an error in the expected result. Specifically, it say this in agg-avg-02.srx:
>
>     <result>
>      <binding name="s">
>        <uri>http://www.example.org/ints</uri>
>      </binding>
>      <binding name="avg">
>        <literal datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">2</literal>
>      </binding>
>    </result>
>
> The datatype for the expected binding of 'avg' is incorrect: the result of an average computation over literals of type xsd:integer should be xsd:decimal (as it involves a numeric divide, see also http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-numeric-divide).

This results file, along with several others with similar datatype issues, have been fixed to align with the numeric operator definitions.

We would be grateful if you would acknowledge that your comments have been answered by sending a reply to this mailing list.

Regards, Gregory Williams, on behalf of the SPARQL WG.