Comment on "Dataset HTTP Protocol": Graph Store

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 23:23:38 +0100
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

The first thing I want to challenge is the use of the term Graph Store in the
context of the "Dataset HTTP Protocol" (not in SPARQL in general):

The protocol may very well be used, and I'm quite sure it is already
implemented (especially since it is not a new protocol for with regards to
PUT, GET and DELETE) to manage repositories of old style serialized RDF
Documents. This is not a graph store in the SPARQL sense (i.e. a single
service; containing at least one unnamed graph etc.).

I guess you could say "HTTP server or graph store" throughout.

Kjetil Kjernsmo
Ph.d Research Fellow, Semantic Web