Direct and indirect graph identification

From: Gregg Reynolds <dev@mobileink.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 00:00:45 -0600
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org
Hello again,

Regarding the notions of direct and indirect graph identification (section 4
of
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-sparql11-http-rdf-update-20100126/#graph-identification
):

I see nothing indirect about a graph identifier encoded in the query string.
 An indirect reference would involve a lookup table of some kind (e.g. "URI
number 9"), which is not what happens in the query string.  In my view it
would be better to make this distinction in purely syntactic terms, e.g.
there are two ways to encode a graph identifier in the IRI syntax.  One is
to make it the "Request-URI" (ref. to RFC2616) and the other is to encode it
in the query string (ref. to RFC2616).  Simple, clear, and concise.

Thanks,

Gregg Reynolds