W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org > February 2011

Re: Inconsistent syntax in testcase manifest

From: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:36:00 +0000
Cc: "Birte Glimm" <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk>, "Jeen Broekstra" <jeen.broekstra@gmail.com>, <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
Message-Id: <26203B11-A2F7-4B74-863D-47D25270F1B6@deri.org>
To: Rob Vesse <rav08r@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Hi Rob,

Thanks for spotting this, your feedback is really appreciated!
The test collection is still under development, and we apologise for it not being perfect yet (as you'll see many of the test cases also still lack approval status).  We appreciate all help to improve it, I just replaced all wrong occurrences ut:data within ut:graphData as per [1].

best,
Axel


1. http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/README.html

On 23 Feb 2011, at 11:14, Rob Vesse wrote:

> Hi DAWG
> 
> I notice that in some of the per-directory manifests graphs in the datasets
> for Update Evaluation Tests are identified like so:
> 
> ut:graphData  [ ut:data <spo.ttl> ;
>                                 rdfs:label "http://example.org/g1" ]
> 
> But in others like so:
> 
> ut:graphData [ ut:graph <delete-pre-01.ttl> ;
>                                rdfs:label "http://example.org/g1" ]
> 
> So far I have found this in the manifest for delete-data but there may be
> others I haven't got as far as running yet
> 
> The first form seems to be most commonly used (and is consistent with Query
> Evaluation Tests using ut:data to identify data files) so I think the 2nd
> form should be changed to match the first.
> 
> I assume that this is supposed to mean the same thing but it would be nice
> if the manifests were consistent as it makes writing a test harness just
> that little bit more frustrating
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Rob Vesse
> 
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 00:20:12 +0000, Birte Glimm
> <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> > On 17 February 2011 20:23, Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi DAWG,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to run the SPARQL 1.1 testcases at
> >> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/ .
> >>
> >> Unfortunately I run into trouble: at least one of the manifests (in
> >> entailment: [0]) has invalid Turtle syntax, causing my test rig to choke
> >> and halt.
> >>
> >> The problem is the two last prefix declarations in that file (for sd and
> >> ent) miss a mandatory trailing dot.
> >
> > Hi Jeen,
> > I fixed that now.
> >
> >> Could someone fix that please? It would be great if I could run my
> >> testing directly off the DAWG testset.
> >>
> >> Also a suggestion: there currently is one single "uber-manifest"[1]
> >> which encapsulates all tests for both query and update, it seems. Could
> >> I suggest a couple of other manifests alongside that, that group
> >> different subsets of all available tests? For example: one manifest for
> >> all query evaluation tests, one for all update tests, and one for all
> >> (query/update) syntax tests.
> >
> > I think that is a good suggestion, but I guess the WG has to decide
> > that, so I can't promise anything yet.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Birte
> >
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Jeen
> >>
> >> [0]
> >>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/entailment/manifest.ttl
> >> [1]
> >> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/manifest-all.ttl
> >>
> >>
> 
> --
> PhD Student
> IAM Group
> Bay 20, Room 4027, Building 32
> Electronics & Computer Science
> University of Southampton
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 23 February 2011 13:37:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 23 February 2011 13:37:36 GMT