SPARQL Update: Example 5

From: Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@epimorphics.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 13:32:34 +0000
To: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

http://answers.semanticweb.com/questions/13551/minor-errors-on-sparql-update-specification

[[
Example 5: In my opinion, data before and after should be exactly the
same, since the graph pattern in the WHERE clause
?person a foaf:Person . ?person foaf:givenName 'Bill' is never matched
against the data, since there is no assumption on the entailment regime
considered in the surrounding text. I feel that the result of the
DELETE/INSERT operation described in the example is achieved with RDFS
entailment, through which the typing foaf:Person triples will be derived.
]]

the fix is to remove the "?person a foaf:Person" from the WHERE clause.

(The other two errors noted in the published doc have been corrected in
the editors working draft.)