Re: Comment re SPARQL 1.1 Service Description

Hi,

What would be available from /.well-known/sparql?

RFC 5785 says the URI should return metadata. This isn't completely
incompatible with also deploying the SPARQL endpoint to that location,
but doesn't seem quite right to me.

For example a domain may have several SPARQL endpoints, e.g. for
several datasets or with different policies, capabilities or access
control settings, so assuming a single Service Description seems
brittle.

Perhaps the response should be a document that links to available
SPARQL endpoints, from which the Service Descriptions can be
retrieved. This can just reuse the terms from the SD vocabulary:

E.g.:

<rdf:RDF
   xmlns:sd="http://www.w3.org/ns/sparql-service-description#">
  <sd:Service>
    <sd:url rdf:resource="http://www.example/sparql/"/>
  </sd:Service>
</rdf:RDF>

The response from the well-known URI boot-straps us into a hypermedia
format in which we can follow links.

This could be specified as a separate small spec, not requiring any
specific changes to the SD document.

Cheers,

L.

--