Comment re SPARQL 1.1 Service Description

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 10:53:50 +0100
To: <public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org>
CC: Daniel Schwabe <dschwabe@inf.puc-rio.br>

Dear SPARQL WG,

I reviewed the SPARQL 1.1 Service Description W3C Working Draft 1 June 2010
[1] - great job so far.

Not sure if this is already on your radar, but in order to ensure a wide
uptake concerning end-point discovery, I propose to register a well-known
URI as per RFC5785 [2], i.e. to add the following to the SPARQL 1.1 Service
Description document:

===
5. Well-Known URI Registration

URI suffix:  sparql

Change controller:  W3C.

Specification document(s):  This document.
===

This registry is quite new (as well as the RFC defining it) and I so far
failed to figure what suffixes have been registered already. Nevertheless, I
think it would tremendously help and hope that this is the right place to do
it. If not, please let me know and I'll explore alternatives.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-sparql11-service-description-20100601/
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5785#section-5.1