Re: SPARQL test suite updated - soliciting test suite results

Gregory Williams wrote:

> In the test
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/data-r2/distinct/manifest#distinct-9>,
> there is an expected result with the binding v = "1.3e0"^^xsd:double.
> The data for this test is specified in turtle, with triples such as:
>
> :z3 :p1 1.3e0 .
>
> However, the turtle spec allows for any legal lexical representation of
> an xsd:double in parsing unquoted double values[1]. Given this, it is
> possible for the :distinct-9 query to return valid results with any
> number of lexical representations for 1.3e0, causing discrepancies
> between the actual results and those listed in the test suite.

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the comment. This was a part of the Turtle spec. with which
we were previously unfamiliar. The intent of the group is that the form
in the data be the lexical form in the RDF dataset being queried
against. From your understanding/reading of the spec, do you believe
that representing numeric and boolean literals with an explicit literal
form,
   "1.3e0"^^xsd:double

,unambiguously indicates the lexical form of the RDF term being
represented?

I'm CCing Dave Beckett - Dave, can you help clarify this for us?

thanks,
Lee