Re: [OK?] Re: SPARQL: BASE IRI resolution

* Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>Relative IRIs are combined with base IRIs as per Uniform Resource
>Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax [RFC3986] using only the basic
>algorithm in Section 5.2 . Neither Syntax-Based Normalization nor
>Scheme-Based Normalization (described in sections 6.2.2 and 6.2.3 of
>RFC3986) is performed. Characters additionally allowed in IRI
>references are treated in the same way that unreserved characters are
>treated in URI references, per section 6.5 of Internationalized
>Resource Identifiers (IRIs) [RFC3987].

s/combined with/resolved using/ or something like that. This is not
really a "combination" process. But basically this is fine with me,
thanks.

There do not seem to be

>On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 05:24:57AM +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>>
>> * Dan Connolly wrote:
>> >In what way is the same document reference not allowed? Is that
>> >something special to SVG?  I don't see how it's relevant to SPARQL.
>>
>> For a query at http://example.org/foo.rq my understanding is that
>> there is no difference between
>>
>>   BASE <http://example.org/bar.rdf>
>>   SELECT ...
>>   FROM <http://example.org/bar.rdf>
>>
>> and
>>
>>   BASE <http://example.org/bar.rdf>
>>   SELECT ...
>>   FROM <bar.rdf>
>>
>> and
>>
>>   BASE <http://example.org/bar.rdf>
>>   SELECT ...
>>   FROM <>
>>
>> and
>>
>>   SELECT ...
>>   FROM <http://example.org/foo.rq>
>>
>> and
>>
>>   BASE <http://example.org/foo.rq>
>>   SELECT ...
>>   FROM <http://example.org/foo.rq>
>>
>> All refer to the same RDF dataset in the FROM clause, since in each
>> case the resolved reference in the FROM clause is equivalent to the
>> base resource identifier, which means all of them are same document
>> references, so these are queries against the SPARQL document rather
>> than some external document. Such a query cannot yield in results.

tests for this in the test suite. I'd be good to add these, with the
http://example.org/foo.rq and http://example.org/bar.rdf beeing real
RDF documents and the query something that could return results. If
an implementation returns any results, it's buggy. As I understand it.