Re: minor technical: are variable names case insensitive? [OK?]

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 12:57:54 +0000
To: Fred Zemke <fred.zemke@oracle.com>
CC: public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Fred Zemke wrote:
> Annex A.3 Keywords
> It says that keywords, except for 'a', are case insensitive.  There is no
> corresponding statement about variable names.  Are they case sensitive
> or not?

Yes - everything is case sensitive (variables, strings, IRIs, prefixed names)
except for keywords.

I've added in A.7:

"Matching is case-sensitive except as noted above for keywords."

> (You might also address whether IRIs are case sensitive, though I expect
> this issue is handled by the spec that defines IRIs).

Yes - all issues to do with IRIs are devolved to the IRI spec.

> Fred Zemke

I hope this addresses your comment - please let us know if it does.  If you
happen to send a email message in reply that has [CLOSED] in the subject, then
the support scripts will pick it up.