Re: Sparql editorial comment: acknowledge prior art

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 16:18:47 +0000
To: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>, public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org

Jacco van Ossenbruggen wrote:
> Dear editors,
>
> SPARQL has been built on the experience gained from various other (RDF)
> query languages.
> I think it would be fair to acknowledge this work in the SPARQL
> specification.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jacco van Ossenbruggen

Jacco,

The SPARQL query language document now contains an acknowledge section for the
people who have contributed to the development of the text in that document
(and a big thank you to everyone on this list for helping in that process with
comments and reviews).

In addition, the working group recorded the first phase of looking at existing
and proposed systems in:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/DesignEvaluations

If this addresses your comment, please respond with [CLOSED] in
the subject to allow the issue tracking scripts to close this issue.