Re: Comments on SPARQL (editorial)

[moving from WG list public-rdf-dawg@w3.org, to comments list
public-rdf-dawg-comments@w3.org ]

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 09:17 -0700, Ashok Malhotra wrote:
> Notes on SPARQL Query Language for RDF
> W3C Working Draft 17 February 2005

i.e. http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20050217/

note that there's a newer one...
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-rdf-sparql-query-20050419/

> The document uses a describe-by-examples style.  This is easy to understand but can give the impression that the language is more restrictive than it is.  For example, as you read section 2 you get the impression that only exact matches are supported.  Only much later do you find out that, in fact, functions and operators are also supported.   Additional wording could be used to distinguish examples from the grammar.

I don't know if that comment is obsoleted by the newer spec; I'll let
the editors follow up.

More on your other comments separately...

> Ashok Malhotra for the XML Query and XSL WGs
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?