Re: RDF 1.1 Semantics PR: possible typo

You are quite correct, thanks for noticing this (which I must have read now several hundred times without seeing the mistake.)

Guus, can we get this fixed before publication?

Pat

On Feb 8, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Michael Schneider <schneid@fzi.de> wrote:

> Dear Working Group,
>
> I believe there is a typo in the PR of the RDF 1.1 Semantics. In the beginning of chapter 7, it states:
>
>    The exact mechanism by which an IRI identifies a datatype IRI
>
> I think it should rather be
>
>    The exact mechanism by which an IRI identifies a datatype
>
> without the second use of "IRI". Otherwise, the would essentially state that some IRI identifies some IRI, where the whole idea of recognized datatype IRIs is, as far as I understand, to identify datatypes, not IRIs.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael Schneider

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)