RDF Semantics - Definition of "Interpretation" is missing

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 22:41:04 -0400
To: public-rdf-comments <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>
Regarding
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-rdf11-mt-20130723/

Section 4 of the RDF Semantics is careful to define all of the major
terms that are used within the document . . . except one.  AFAICT, the
general notion of an "interpretation" is nowhere defined.  Later in the
document, specific kinds of interpretations are defined, such as Simple
Interpretations, RDF Interpretations and RDFS Interpretations.  But
AFAICT a definition of the general notion of an interpretation is
completely absent.

The 2004 version of the semantics had a very nice explanation of the
notion of interpretations:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#interp
and it had a glossary definition of the term:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-mt-20040210/#glossInterpretation

I don't know why the current draft eliminated those sections, but
somehow the RDF Semantics needs to explain what is meant by an
"interpretation", since the notion is central to the semantics.

I would suggest restoring the explanation from the 2004 version, but I
would be fine with some other replacement instead.

Thanks,
David