Minor normative error in LC drafts

From: Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 13:23:33 -0700
To: "public-rdf-comments@w3.org Comments" <public-rdf-comments@w3.org>

While preparing yet another attempt at text to suggest for my LC comment about using RDF to describe named graphs, I noted an error in the math in the LC documents.

In concepts we read:

[[
An RDF dataset is a collection of RDF graphs, and comprises:

	 Exactly one default graph, being an RDF graph. The default graph does not have a name and may be empty.
	 Zero or more named graphs. Each named graph is a pair consisting of an IRI or a blank node (the graph name), and an RDF graph. Graph names are unique within an RDF dataset.
]]

In semantics we read:

[[
An RDF dataset (see [RDF11-CONCEPTS]) is a finite set of RDF graphs each paired with an IRI or blank node called the graph name,
]]

These are different.

In particular.

Concepts allows:

<eg:a> {}

<eg:b> {}

And semantics does not, since the empty graph is not paired with a single IRI or blank node.

===

Sorry for noticing this very late.

Jeremy J Carroll
Principal Architect