Turtle data-type

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:39:00 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi,

In Turtle there is no way of specifying a graph (other than through reificiation which
is understood to be broken). But one could get something close by having a datatype,
say lang:Turtle, such that the value of this would be the graph resulting from
interpreting the content of the string to a graph.

<card> log:semantics "<http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me> a <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person>"^^lang:Turtle

which would in n3 be expressed as

<card> log:semantics { <card#me> a foaf:Person }

Then Turtle could have a way to express graphs in a reasonably
clean way, so we could do some of the things N3 does with Turtle
in a less elegant fashion while waiting for N3 to be specfied.

Henry

PS. log:semantics is defined here http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/CwmBuiltins

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/